WAGS Library and Accessions
Located at 127 South Mission, Annex Bldg.
Open Tuesdays & Saturdays
(except major holidays and Apple Blossom Festival Saturdays)
Hours 1:00 to 4:00
(Sorry, no return long distance.)
The Society provides, without charge, a well-stocked non-circulating library. It is staffed by volunteers willing to guide beginners in learning how to do genealogical research and assist visitors with research.
The focus of our library is the North Central Washington Area. We have census records, city directories and phone books, copies of local obituaries, cemetery and funeral home records, some probate records, indexes for death, marriage, divorce and court records, Chelan County Marriage Returns, school yearbooks, county histories and other books about our area. Our resources for other states and counties include genealogical bulletins, books and historical maps, CDs, microfiche and film.
Our library computers have subscriptions to: New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) aka "American Ancestors", Ancestry.com, My Heritage/World Vital Records and The Wenatchee World. Patrons in the library may use these subscriptions at no cost.
Directions to the WAGS Library: [See map on Home Page]
From the North, Hwy 2 (Cashmere, Seattle, Chelan) - Follow Wenatchee Avenue south to Yakima St. [There is a park on the right corner.] – turn right. WAGS Library is on the corner of Yakima & Mission streets. You can park on Yakima St.
From the South Hwy 2 (E. Wenatchee, Waterville, Quincy) - Cross the George Sellar Bridge to Mission St. [Get into the right lane on the bridge and stay there until you get to the light.]. Stay in the right lane on Mission St. The WAGS Library is on the corner of Mission & Yakima streets.
Street parking during the week is limited to three hours. There is a free parking lot one block south of the library. The entrance to the lot is on Kittitas, between Wenatchee Avenue & Mission St. on Kittitas St.
Accessioned books/journals that have been donated to or purchased by WAGS since the last update.
HISTORICAL ARTICLES: Articles written or submitted by members. Articles may not be reproduced in any format without the permission of the contributor.
HISTORICAL PHOTOS: Photos collected & donated by individuals & societies. Photos may not be reproduced in any format without the permission of the contributor.
LIBRARY PROJECTS: Any WAGS member is welcome to join a project or projects. Please let us know if you are interested.
- Anne Livingston, Phyllis Barnett, Betty Carrick
- Cemetery Projects
- Mary Swartz, Fred Pflugrath, Sandie McBride, Phyllis Griffith, Bobbi Ferg
- Chelan County Marriage Project
- Civil War Veterans Burials
- Constitution & Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation Update
- Susan Rumble and WAGS Board
- Funeral Homes Listing
- Indexing of Books & Journals
- Bob Berkley, Susan Aiger, Carl Beery, Bobbi & Russ Ferg, Pat Robbins, Phyllis Griffith, Sharon Paine, Joanne Calhoun, Anne Koenig
- Jones & Jones Project
- Betty Carrick, Bob Berkley, Ida Wheeler, Joanne Calhoun, Pat McLaren, Sharon Paine, Judy Johnson
- Military Records
- Joanne Calhoun, Anne Koenig
- Pat Robbins, Phyllis Griffith, Fred Pflugrath, Bobbi Ferg, Roni Jones
- Joanne Calhoun, Fred Pflugrath, Dick Banning, Phyllis Griffith
- Phyllis Barnett, Mary Swartz, Juanita Anderson, Patty Ostendorff, Betty Carrick [We need more volunteers. These can be done at the library or at home.]
- Store Items
- Linda Morse, Barbara Congdon
- Stacks & Shelves
- Dick Banning, Betty Carrick, Anne Livingston, Phyllis Barnett
- Vertical Surname Files
DONATE TODAY TO SUPPORT WAGS ACTIVITIES!